It’s finally that time of year we’ve all been waiting for and many of us are already planning our annual vacation. Despite the zest for life that surrounds us, the holiday mood can quickly turn sour when the overload of holiday flyers leads to overcrowding, long lines at the airport and times of tension if you get it wrong. travel guidelines.
You and your family don’t have to succumb to the stress of a vacation because Etihad Airways has you covered. Follow this easy 7-step travel guide / checklist from Etihad and you and your loved ones can enjoy the holiday season hassle-free:
- Online registration: Online check-in opens 30 hours before your flight and is available online or through our app up to one hour before your scheduled flight time. Once checked in you can simply drop off your luggage and go to the airport
- Verified to fly: The service helps you validate your travel documents and arrive at the airport with confidence knowing that all essential COVID-19 requirements have been met. The service is available from seven days before your flight and you will be able to upload your documents as soon as you receive a negative COVID-19 PCR test result. Approved passengers can use expedited Verified to Fly kiosks at the airport or self-service kiosks and avoid long lines at the airport
- Smart economy seats: Reserve your place at Manage my reservation, when you check-in online, at the airport or even on board. Etihad’s Economy Smart Seating, with its unique “fixed-wing” headrest, makes long-haul flights even more comfortable. They feature adjustable back support and generous legroom to make your trip smooth and full of comfort. You can also lie down with more legroom in Economy Space or keep an entire row to yourself with Economy Neighbor-Free
- USCBP facilities: If you are a passenger bound for the United States, you can benefit from Etihad’s US Customs and Border Protection Facility (USCBP) at Abu Dhabi International Airport, which helps you with all the formalities of immigration and customs before leaving. After clearing customs and immigration, no further checks will be required upon arrival in the United States.
- Destination conditions: Find up-to-date visa, entry, testing and quarantine regulations for the destinations you are flying to, as well as all the important travel documents you need for your trip. With travel restrictions changing frequently, Etihad recommends visiting etihad.com/guidedestination to check for the latest updates before the trip begins
- Baggage allowance: the carry-on baggage policy is 7 kg for economy class and 12 kg for first and business class passengers. The maximum dimensions of cabin baggage are: height 50cm, depth 25cm, width 40cm. You can also pre-purchase additional hold baggage at special rates before departure on etihad.com or through the app.
- Travel insurance: Purchase travel insurance with Etihad Airways for comprehensive protection and peace of mind when traveling, with 24 hour support and assistance. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, we always recommend that you purchase travel insurance beforehand. your tripetihad.com