As borders open up tentatively, countries ranging from France to Israel and China have released health cards, vaccination cards and QR codes to allow fully vaccinated people to travel, eat at home. outdoors, to shop and to resume a more normal life. With the recent reopening in Mumbai, the final vaccination certificate is required to enter shopping malls. The city also just opened its local commuter train service beyond essential service workers and government employees to include people who have completed a fortnight since their last dose of the vaccine.
How to get an e-pass in Mumbai
The e-pass, called the Universal Travel Pass, is currently only available to fully vaccinated daily commuters and will not be available for download until two weeks after the last dose.
Here’s everything you need to know to get the e-pass for yourself:
- Log into the epass website here.
- Choose “Travel card for vaccinated citizens”
- Then enter the mobile number used to register for vaccination on CoWin
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number
- Click on “Generate the pass”
- Upload your photo and submit the form.
- You should receive an SMS indicating the approval within 24 hours, after which you can download it to your phone.
Mumbai’s local trains have been suspended for regular travelers since April 2021, with the second wave of the coronavirus. Fully vaccinated travelers can also submit their final vaccination certificate and photo ID at stations for offline verification and issuance of the seasonal rail pass.